QA Simulator Developer
Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in solar, electric vehicle and other renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid, while making the delivery of power more reliable, safer, lower cost, and much “greener”.
Sentient Energy is looking for an QA Simulator Developer who is interested in joining an extremely passionate and talented team to take on the challenge of making the power grid safer, more reliable, and more efficient. This individual will lead the QA effort for our line of simulator development. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and dynamic individual who demands the highest level of product quality. They have a track record of being execution oriented, and willing to take on any challenges necessary to get the job done.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop simulator in C/C++
- Develop simulator unit test in Python
- Support simulator end user
- Work closely with development teams to scope, and plan QA efforts
- Design test cases and author test plans based on functional specifications
- Document bugs and track bug resolution through the engineering teams to closure
- Write detailed defect reports and summary test reports
- Support remote team with QA lab task
- Constantly work to improve the quality of the products and establish QA best practices
- Responsibilities may include external communication on topics related to the system implementation and testing
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of experience in C/C++ programming
- 3+ years of experience with Python/ bash script
- Experience working with Linux on PC’s
- Experience in embedded device or firmware testing
- Proven experience in manual and automation software testing
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with sensor systems
- Experience with products that are deployed in the Electric utility industry and smart-grid is desirable
- Experience with mesh wireless systems
- Experience with cellular (GSM, CDMA, LTE, etc.) systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf