What You Will Do In Your Role
- Clear understanding of project budget requirements and effectively communicate budget to project team during the PM to Discipline turnovers
- Consistently meet project budget requirements and always be knowledgeable of the financial status of assigned projects
- Maximize project profitability by cost reduction opportunities and change orders through expanded scope
- Provide accurate gross margin forecasts on time each month such that the latest forecast is +/- 2% of the actual final gross margin
- Ensure invoices are issued accurately and timely and that all accounts receivable (A/R) issues are quickly resolved
- Provide a completed project schedule milestone template to the Scheduler within two weeks of project turnover from AE for entry into VIS
- Consistently meet project schedule requirements.Always be knowledgeable of the schedule status of assigned projects
- Provide accurate weekly updates of project milestones to Scheduler at least 80% of the time
- Manage projects so that shipment on-time performance is at least 85%.Look for ways to improve schedule when slippage occurs
- Complete and issue customer documentation on schedule such as data sheets, drawings, and O&M manuals.Submit final documentation within two weeks after shipment for small projects and four weeks for large projects
- Effectively manage a large project team by establishing clear objectives, scope, deliverables, roles, and effectively communicating progress.
- Complete AE to PM and PM to Discipline Turnover checklists on every project. As the leader of the order execution team, the PM must develop, maintain, and promote teamwork throughout the life of the project
- Maintain excellent relations with customers by being responsive, professional and committed to ensuring good customer service
- Obtain customer agreement of equipment plot plan and orientation at initial stages of project design
- Provide timely and cooperative customer support after equipment delivery
- Lead the project team for successful after-sale efforts including installation, commissioning, start-up and warranty
- Execute projects in accordance with the Order Execution Manual and other related ISO-9001 procedures. Some key processes include:
- Initiate effective design reviews and record keeping.
- Initiate and update proper warranty authorizations prior to expenditure of funds
- Develop and maintain expertise in project specific technical and product knowledge to improve positive project results, including a high level understanding of the industry and competition
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement in the JZ order execution process and participate in the implementation
- Attend at least 16 hours of training related to project management or technical subjects
- Provide some mentoring of less experienced project managers.
- Attend all weekly PM meetings when in office
- Involve management when help is needed in any area of project management
Support sales during proposal stage
- Work with the Applications Engineer in developing the customer proposal as necessary to prepare the bid package.
- Proactively discuss needs and become involved in “Hot List” projects within first week of assignment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree with relevant Project Management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong relationship building, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction
- Ability to build relationships across all business disciplines
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience in refinery/chemical/oil & gas industry