PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Process Control Engineer to join our Containerboard mill in Toledo, Oregon. The Process Control Engineer role is responsible for optimization, troubleshooting, evaluating root cause to address technical issues, and some project management. The ideal candidate will have HMI and PLC knowledge, be experienced with various drives and equipment integration and have the ability to communicate across all groups of the organization.
The Process Control Engineer will provide technical expertise, operations and maintenance support and project engineering as required to support the Georgia Pacific Toledo Plant’s 24x7 Manufacturing operation. The Plant Process Control Engineer will be responsible for all facets of the Plants E&I maintenance, project development and execution and supervision of the Plant’s Electrical Technicians The role will have direct impact on safety, cost reduction, and process improvement at our facilities. The Process Control Engineer will provide value through the application of Koch’s Market Based Management® (MBM®) philosophy to achieve superior results.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Evaluating processes and equipment operation
- Developing and executing migration plans for legacy control system platforms
- Evaluating root cause and addressing technical issues with long-term solutions in mind
- Planning and managing process improvement projects
- Providing support for existing and new Process Control systems; this includes Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's) custom control applications running in a MS environment, and Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Communicating and working with various operational, environmental maintenance and engineering levels in a team environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of professional experience working with PLC's, DCS’s or servo drives to include troubleshooting, modifications and additions
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Experience working within a Pulp and Paper operation
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience working with DCS & PLC's to include troubleshooting, modifications, and additions
- Experience working with multiple platforms including troubleshooting, modifications, and additions: ABB MOD 300, 800XA
- Experience working with various drive systems
- Experience working with various protocols such as Modbus, Profibus, ControlNet, Ethernet/IP
- Hands on programming experience and hardware management in industrial process control platforms and networks
Our Toledo facility is an integrated mill that manufactures containerboard, including unbleached linerboard and corrugating medium that is converted into corrugated boxes and packaging at numerous box plants on the West Coast from Washington to California and New Mexico. The packaging is used for a variety of products such as fruit, vegetables and seafood; consumer goods such as tissue, paper products, packaged food and beverages. The GP Toledo mill is the largest recycler of wastepaper (used cardboard boxes) in Oregon at over 500,000 tons recycled annually. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Toledo, situated on a bend of the Yaquina River and surrounded by wooded hills, is just seven miles inland from the Central Oregon Coast, the only inland coastal community with a deep-water channel. The historic town cascades over the hillsides to the river. Once a bustling lumber mill town, Toledo’s industries today include lively boat repair businesses and Port of Toledo facilities; which support the fishing industry; a vibrant arts community, and a modern paper products mill. (visittheoregoncoast.com)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf