Natural Gas Scheduler
Koch Energy Services, LLC (KES) is looking for a Natural Gas Scheduler to join our commercial team in Houston, TX and/or Wichita, KS. This role will support the Midwest and/or Gulf Coast trading teams.
Koch Energy Services is a natural gas marketing company specializing in physical supply, trading, asset optimization, and market analysis. You will be a member of the front office commercial team and an integral part of our business to ensure that our customers have assured flow, best optimized priced energy, and world class customer experience. You will also have opportunity for growth and development in our business to learn different commercial aspects of the gas business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Execute and manage nominations, confirmations, imbalances, and other similar activities related to the purchase and sale of natural gas on various natural gas pipelines, including activity on pipeline websites and KES’ internal accounting system
- Gain and apply a thorough understanding of transportation contracts and nominate the movement of natural gas appropriately based upon contract entitlements, receipt and delivery points, and capacity avoiding any overrun or other unforeseen incremental transportation charges
- Track and interpret pipeline curtailments, maintenance, and other operational issues to aide in the efficiency of transporting natural gas. Communicate with pipeline representatives as needed and advise the trading group on potential impacts and alternative solutions
- Advise and assist the trading team regarding the optimal use of transportation and storage assets
- Communicate and collaborate daily with suppliers, customers, and the trading team regarding physical positions and the daily movement of natural gas
- Monitor and advise on pipeline capacity release opportunities
- Help ensure positions in KES’ accounting and operational system balance and reconcile to actual activity. Assist accounting with invoice reconciliation
- Be a key team member in helping develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, pipelines, and suppliers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- Two years or more of experience with natural gas scheduling or within the Energy and/or commodity-based industry
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Natural Gas Scheduling and/or trading
- Experience with an ETRM system (Ex: OpenLink Endur, etc.)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf