Koch-Glitsch LP has an immediate opportunity for Welders in our Wichita, KS facility located at 4111 E 37th St North.
3rd Shift: Monday-Friday: 11:00pm-7:30am
Overtime may be required and is based on customers' need for product shipments.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Welding with GMAW and GTAW processes
- Actively participate in Koch-Glitsch safety program
- Maintain clean shop and work area
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and details
- Will be cross trained in different areas of the shop as required
- Providing production and support to meet customer and company goals
- Ensure all processes are carried out with the required use of safety controls and PPE
The Experience You Will Bring
- GMAW and GTAW Welding experience
- Ability to pass the GMAW and GTAW weld tests in the 2G position 3/8" plate within 45 days of start date, test will be x-ray inspected
- Ability to pass a 3-part welding test including MIG and TIG welding of butt, lap and tee joints and a blueprint test, as part of the interview process
- Ability to read and follow Koch-Glitsch Weld Procedures Specifications (WPSs)
- Ability to read standard/metric tape measures
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and details
What Will Put You Ahead
- Technical School Welding Certificate
- Robotic Welding Experience
Physical Requirements/Other Considerations
- Ability to squat, bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand and work a 10-hour shift in a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf