Georgia-Pacific Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS), LLC is key to ensuring that GP's 80+ mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips. W&FS sources its wood from private lands owned by industrial, institutional, or individual landowners.
This position will be part of the Wood and Fiber divisional analytics team. It will interact with region analysts, managers and executive leadership.
A successful candidate will be a self-starting individual that demonstrates innovation and a sense of urgency towards evaluating business opportunities
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Forest Biometrician for the Wood and Fiber Supply division at its headquarters in Atlanta, Ga. The Forest Biometrician will Identify and develop analytical solutions to present data to users through visualization techniques and tools. Analyze large, complex geospatial data sets and make recommendations for presentation of data concepts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Aggregate and analyze data using statistical software packages and spatial analysis tools in ArcGIS.
- Working with a team to develop innovative solutions to business problems using the latest analytic tools and software
- Using descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive advanced analytics, creating metrics, and sharing knowledge with decision makers
- Utilizing optimization software to drive strategic goals creating value for our business partners by attaining an optimal plan
- Learning and understanding the Georgia-Pacific Wood & Fiber Supply commodity trading business
- Driving collaborative discussions across the region to gain and share knowledge and identify innovation opportunities
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years of experience within the forest and wood procurement industry
- Experience with Forest Measurements and Sampling (Sample Design, Taper Equations, Etc.)
- Experience developing and maintaining growth and yield models
- Experience with statistical packages and developing predictive tools using regression, machine learning, neural networking and AI
- Experience working in relational databases (SQL Server)
- GIS capabilities experience specifically with ArcGIS Suite and ESRI tools
- Experience with ArcGIS online and Geoprocessing services
- Experience with Raster manipulation and analysis
- Experience using tools such as Python and ArcPy
What Will Put You Ahead
- Operational experience within the forest industry including the management and marketing of timber
- Understanding of forest and natural resource datasets including FIA, NLCD, GAP, and Others
- Experience with math programming languages and optimization software (CPLEX, GUROBI, AMPL,PULP)
- Experience with data analytics visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Experience with ArcGIS online/Portal Widget and geoprocessing service development
- Experience with Advanced Raster Processing using ArcGIS, ENVI or similar software
- Experience interpreting and analyzing satellite imagery (LANDSAT, MODIS, Sentinel, etc.)
- Knowledge of open source using a combination of raster read/write library such as RasterIO, GDAL, or similar, and computation libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, GeoPandas, etc
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf