Guardian is a leading worldwide manufacturer of float glass and fabricated glass products for the commercial and residential construction industries. The company is also one of the top 100 global automotive suppliers. The company and its subsidiaries operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
Guardian is a progressive company that encourages independent thought and creativity. We encourage our people to use their ambition and creativity to drive our organization, while advancing their careers. We are currently looking for a Logistics Operator to join our team.
The selected individual will partner with the Logistics team to perform a variety of coordinated activities that will work to build on our production, quality, and safety goals for the Logistics Team. This individual will need to be comfortable operating and troubleshooting equipment used during daily manufacturing. The selected individual will work with co-workers, team leads, and supervisors to develop their skills and improve our MBM culture.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE:
- Ability to effectively communicate information to supervisors, leads and peers in a professional manner.
- Work in Non-controlled temperature environment along with possibly working in extreme heat.
- Strive to improve in a continuous operation and a fast-paced changing production environment.
- Willing to work a rotating 8-10-hour shift / Volunteer OT / Mandate OT
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds regularly. May also be required to lift up to 35 pounds while twisting at the waist level on a repetitive basis while packing / repacking product.
·Class 3 Forklift License and Class 3 Over Head Crane License is preferred.
·Familiarity with World Glass Inventory (V2) system is preferred.
·Must be detail-oriented and able to work in dependently with minimal supervision.
·Knowledge and understanding of forklift operations to safely operate this equipment
·Must have at least 6 months safe working record & reliable attendance history.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING:
·Reading pull sheets & billing loads
·Loading glass both in vans & onto open trailers
·Using cranes / forklifts to move glass
·Using forklift to unload purchased glass, move transport & PSR racks
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf