Trading Desk Analyst
Koch Minerals & Trading is a global commodity trading company participating in nearly all commodity markets but focusing in petroleum and energy.
We are seeking a Trading Desk Analyst to join our North American Gas, Power & Renewables team. You will have the opportunity to provide fundamental and statistical analysis of the North American Gas, Power & Renewables markets such as leading the ongoing development of internal supply / demand balances & forecasts, and the dissemination of this analysis – including advising on the deployment of speculative risk - to the wider team.
We are seeking a candidate with strong quantitative skills, programming capability, and a high level of intellectual curiosity. If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic team, check out our open role!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Fundamental analytics - to lead on analysis in the environmental markets, and to support fundamental research on the power and gas markets for Koch
- Manage data inputs and sources for analysis
- Maintain and develop current S&D stack models
- Provide analytical insight to developing existing and future strategy development
- Develop, back-test and maintain models predicting balances/trade flows/demand across renewables markets
- Liaise with colleagues to integrate models with other generation-chain modelling efforts (eg. Natural gas, power, coal, LNG, European gas)
- Aggregate analytical efforts to determine point-of-view and provide risk and scenario analysis
- Develop or integrate research into an existing analytical platform for the easy distribution of findings / data dashboards amongst the team
- Assist with management and reporting of physical and financial positions and risk allocation on the desk
- Share results with peers, challenge and drive change in our existing processes
The successful candidate will:
- Begin to take on responsibilities in managing customer relationships, transacting bilaterally in the renewables space
- Begin to structure and negotiate bilateral transactions to help solve problems for KM&T’s customers in the renewable/carbon markets
- Liaise with KM&T’s Business Development capability to assist with structuring and hedging strategy of renewable product offtake agreements
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Sciences, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Computer Sciences, etc.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and applications
- Experience in one or more advanced analytical tools for handling large datasets
- Experience with Excel & VBA
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience providing a point-of-view within a trading environment, or advising a risk-exposed customer-base
- Commercial awareness
- Programming experience in one of the following languages - Python, R, Matlab
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf