At Georgia-Pacific we value safety minded and innovative individuals. If you are looking for an employer who recognizes and rewards these traits, come join our team and grow your skills and knowledge!
We are currently looking for an Instrumentation Technician at our Perry, FL Cellulose Mill. The Instrumentation Technician uses their extensive E&I experience and knowledge to support the operation and maintenance of our manufacturing instrumentation equipment.
This position is eligible for:
- $2,500 sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance
'Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing preventive and predictive maintenance inspections using diagnostic tools and test equipment and make necessary corrections to keep equipment from failing
- Scheduling maintenance for repair work to be performed in a timely manner to minimize negative impact on mill production.
- Writing work orders, recording maintenance results and reading and updating drawings and other documentation
- Installing, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing electrical and electronic systems, apparatuses, field devices, and components of industrial machinery and equipment
- Rebuilding valves and other instrument equipment
- Working in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, and greasy environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one or more of the following:
- Three (3) years or more of Instrumentation experience in an industrial or military environment where daily tasks include troubleshooting, repairing and installing automatic control valves, transmitters, field sensing devices, and DCS’s (Digital Control System)
- A two (2) year E&I vocational certification
- Experience reading technical drawings and electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job while working eight (8) hour rotating shifts, overtime, holidays, and weekends
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience commissioning DCS’s (Digital Control Systems)
- Experience working with pneumatic & hydraulic systems
- Experience with systems integration, instrumentation, networking, and communication
- Experience troubleshooting and/or installing Fisher and Dezurik valves
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf