We are seeking a Manager of Stores, to provide strategic leadership and tactical coordination for the Savannah River Mill storeroom receiving function and related inventory management. The inventory value is $25 Million with 27,000 part numbers. This person will manage approximately 10 hourly employees.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership for storeroom including supervision, safety management and skills development.
- Work with storeroom team, customers and suppliers to optimized inventory availability and carrying costs, in support of production and maintenance objectives.
- Sustain progressive customer focus and value creation focus in stores and team.
- Meet compliance requirements for inventory accuracy, financial controls, environmental and quality verifications, receipts accuracy.
- Ensure inventory management excellence, including security, replenishment, proper storage and maintenance, timely receipt and issuance, inventory count and reconciliation, new item justification, timely inventory reviews for obsolescence and proper quantities.
- Create computer generated reports, analyze data, and act on report data to determine course of action for problem resolution and performance improvement.
- Develop and use metrics that accurately measure key performance indicators to drive continuous improvement and elimination of waste in various stores work processes and inventory management.
- Manage mill receiving process to ensure accurate and timely receipt of all procured goods.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping, organized storage layout, and efficient parts flow.
- Ensure stores tools and safety equipment are maintained to be safe and reliable.
- Lead meetings and initiatives with operations teams to develop action plans to facilitate process improvements and resolution of inventory control problems.
- Meet materials compliance, financial controls, stores best practice objectives.
- Represent facility and corporate headquarters, affiliates, and other locations during meetings of Store’s Managers and others for the purpose of advancing inventory management excellence and other improvement initiatives.
The Experience You Will Bring
Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of relevant supply chain work experience
• Inventory management, procurement, supply chain and/or maintenance experience
• Microsoft Office experience to include: MS Word (document creation), Outlook (email and calendar usage) and Excel (creating and analyzing spreadsheets and data utilizing filters and pivot tables).
What Will Put You Ahead• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Business
• Working knowledge of Indus/Passport/Asset Suite 7 programs or similar system knowledge.
• Experience working in a manufacturing or maintenance environment.
• Supervisory experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf