Fabrication Machine Operator
Koch-Glitsch is now hiring for a Fabrication Machine Operator in their Wichita, KS manufacturing shop for 2nd Shift (Monday - Friday 3:00 pm – 11:30pm). If you are an experienced operator who is self-motivated and willing to learn this may be the role for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Setting up and operating a variety of machines including punch presses, shears, brake presses, plasmas, NCPP, lasers/laser punch combo
- Analyzing specifications and determining tooling, applying knowledge of metal properties, machining required and planned sequence of operations
- Reading blueprints to fabricate parts as necessary
- Verifying conformance of machined work piece to specifications
- Ensuring products meet or exceed specifications as part of our Quality program
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment using safety controls and wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Working in a non-climate manufacturing environment while performing physical tasks to include lifting, squatting and bending with up to 50 pounds of materials
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience reading and using a standard and metric tape measure
- Knowledge of math concepts to include algebra, geometry, angles, fractions & decimals
What Will Put You Ahead
- 1+ years' of experience operating any of the following machinery: Shear, Turret Punch Press, Brake Press, Laser, Plasma, Laser-Punch Combo
THIS ROLE IS NOT OPEN TO VISA SPONSORSHIP
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf