Koch Heat Transfer is seeking a highly self-motivated and result oriented Estimator to work in our Houston, TX location. This role will work closely with the Sales Engineering and the After Market groups to develop material and labor estimates for heat transfer equipment.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, business-oriented estimator with background in pressure vessel/heat exchanger manufacturing, and with demonstrated integrity, Customer focus, ability to lead challenging situations, and to embrace change. This position requires someone who is detail-oriented, can efficiently multi-task, communicates well, and able to succeed in complex interactions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Prepare the cost estimates for the proposals, utilizing the company estimating tools, based on the relevant datasheets and/or drawings.
- Collect and maintain costing data, such as material costs, labor hours, third party costs and historical project costs to produce on-time and accurate estimates.
- Work with the purchasing group and directly with vendors to get material and service costs on the projects.
- Liaison with the production group to validate the manufacturing hours and to determine the production schedule.
- Have good understanding and knowledge of ASME Section VIII Div. 1, API-663, API-660, TEMA, and other relevant industry design standards and apply this knowledge to identify additional costs and time implications when completing the estimates.
- Extract the specific materials’ requirements from the project specifications.
- Work closely with the application engineers as well as with the welding and quality engineers to understand the cost impacts of Customer’s mechanical, welding and NDE specifications and to account for them in the cost estimates.
- Support the actual vs estimate process to investigate the cost differentials.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of working experience as an estimator in heat exchanger/pressure vessel industry.
- 2+ years experience utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc...) in a working environment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering branches.
- Knowledge of ASME Section VIII Div. 1.
- Familiarity with welding techniques and NDE methods.
We are not offering relocation assistance and/or visa sponsorship for this role.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf