As a Data Engineer in the Data Science and Analytics team, you’ll play an integral role in building data solutions that empower OnPoint’s customers to make data-informed decisions utilizing Artificial Intelligence like machine learning and predictive analytics. You’ll be challenged to leverage cutting edge technologies to solve complex problems in real-time data environments.
This position offers a unique hands-on opportunity to apply the latest database and big data technologies in the rapidly developing industrial AI sector. You will be handling and dealing with real industrial data and help solve some of the long-standing industry challenges as we face an exponential growth in digitalization and Artificial Intelligence. The innovation and creativity with which we develop and implement digital solutions are among the distinctions that make OnPoint Digital Solutions the leader in Industrial AI solutions.
We are seeking an individual that is passionate about customer satisfaction and demonstrated ability to achieve extraordinary results as part of a high energy and dynamic team. This individual will build trust and credibility with customers by consistently demonstrating superior follow through using excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Wrangle large and messy datasets to profiling the data, identify patterns, and enable advance analytics
- Create and manage batch and streaming data pipelines
- Collaborate with teams to identify opportunities to design and implement data informed solutions
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes
- Working with OnPoint’s delivery team to solve problems and establish data pipelines
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years professional experience working with SQL and database programming
- 2+ years of experience using a scripting language (Python, R etc.) for data preparation, cleaning, and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field from an accredited institution OR High School Diploma and 4+ cumulative years of relevant work experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Proficiency in transforming and storing large, distributed datasets (e.g. Hadoop, Redshift, Apache Spark, AWS Athena)
- Proficiency in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows and integration with data technologies with cloud platforms like AWS/GCP/Azure
- Proficiency in data streaming technologies like Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, and Apache Spark
- Experience with Industrial historian like OSIsoft Pi, Aspen 21, or Honeywell PHD etc performing data extraction.
- Previous experience in the large industrial sector
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf