Accounts Payable Specialist
KBX Logistics is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist whose core responsibility will be to ensure freight invoicing and payment processes are completed in an accurate and efficient manner. The successful candidate will have a high level of attention to detail, the ability to think economically and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will work with the team to drive process and system improvements in audit.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Audit blocked freight invoices for all modes – duties including:
- Resolving rate, fuel, stop, and additional charge issues, etc.
- Process and log carrier statement bills for dedicated fleets and trailer rentals
- Manage Auto-Pay Carriers; including the on-boarding, training, and timely problem resolution for these carriers
- Manage carrier aging's – review and resolve open invoices and outstanding balance dues
- Ensure carrier invoicing is compliant with KBX Logistics contracts and pricing policies
- Monitor open loads to reduce the manual accrual for month-end
- Prepare month-end manual accruals as needed
- Support management goals and operations to create real long-term value through audit savings
- Prepare monthly intercompany memos as needed
- Advise, educate and coach carriers and customers regarding carrier contracts and freight invoicing
- Critique processes for better and more efficient way of doing things
- Promote and maintain continuous, positive communication with carriers regarding correct billing procedures to minimize freight exceptions
- Communicate with customers using excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Microsoft Office knowledge - proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Previous experience in an administrative or customer service role with the ability to multitask in fast-paced environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree (or equivalent) or higher in accounting, mathematics, or similar degree area
- Previous experience in an Accounts Payable or similar role
- Experience in a Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations related role
- Previous experience working with and an understanding of the less-than-truckload (LTL) and/or full truckload modes of transportation and/or rail experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf