Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Mine Manager at our Lovell, WY location. Mine Managers create value by leading a team to exceed production and quality goals. This is accomplished through continuous improvement, innovation, positive team building, and collaboration to exceed short and long-term goals. If your passion is developing and leading a team to attain the highest standards in safety, compliance, and process excellence, we are interested in learning more about you!
Georgia-Pacific’s building product business is consistently amongst the nation’s top suppliers of building products to large warehouse retailers and building materials dealers. Our employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit http://www.buildgp.com/.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading a production team to work injury-free and incident-free in a continuous manufacturing environment
- Applying and empowering others to embrace and make decisions grounded in Georgia-Pacific’s management philosophy known as Market-Based Management (MBM®)
- Adhering and assisting with Georgia-Pacific and Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) safety standards
- Interfacing with MSHA and other government regulators
- Assisting in day-to-day planning of the Quarry (mining) operation
- Planning and adjusting production needs based on plant schedule
- Working with Mill Manager and Production Manager to plan production and adjust based on plant schedule
- Designing and implementing the Short-Term Mine Plan in accordance with the Long-Term Mine Plan
- Facilitating team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership, and holding employees accountable
- Developing a point of view relative to talent and implement talent strategies to bridge/close gaps
- Working with cross-functional team to manage maintenance and operation projects
- Excellent organizational/planning skills
- Influencing others within the organization, and build and align a team around a shared vision
- Demonstrating Analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Geology, Earth Science or a related field and three (3) years of mining operations experience -- OR -- an Associate’s Degree in Mining, Geology, Earth Science or a related field and six (6) or more years of mining operations experience -- OR -- a High School Diploma (or equivalent degree) and ten (10) years of mining operations experience.
- One (1) year leadership experience with direct reports
- Currently have, or able to obtain a Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) Instructor Card
- Knowledge of Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) regulations and policies
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Building Products manufacturing experience
- Experience applying lean manufacturing techniques
- Experience improving manufacturing, safety, maintenance, and cost effectiveness
- Capital project engineering or management experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf