Sr. Production/Process Engineer
Sr. Production/Process Engineer in Enid, OK
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
As a Sr. Process /Production Engineer, you will provide process engineering and technical support to plant operations, capital projects and other teams for our production facilities at the ENID site. You will partner closely with operations and the business defining risk position, identifying unit production opportunities, implementing plant improvement projects with a project team, and driving innovative data analysis and solutions. You will also be a lead participant in Process Hazard Analysis studies and other process safety related activities (MOC/SDR/PSI development/execution).
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to help develop, lead, and execute effective engineering support and programs for the expanded and growth Fertilizer facility in ENID. You will also be part of the global family of Koch Industries employing 120,000 people worldwide.
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Developing value creation ideas and projects economic analysis for assigned units and technologies
- Drive innovation and transformative ideas that bring us closer to the “THE PLANT OF THE FUTURE” vision
- Work closely together with the process controls team to define opportunities on improving controls, support and identify APC opportunities. Help identify control improvements that will help the operations team. Be bold.
- Use tools to monitor unit health metrics, do troubleshooting, and optimization
- Utilizing unit monitoring tools and programs
- Owning operating envelope program
- Unit troubleshooting TIER 2 technical support (operators do TIER 1 troubleshooting)
- Leading the chemical and catalyst performance and process costs
- Owning unit catalyst plan and catalyst health
- Owning benchmark data and gap analysis towards process parameters defining the “Best fertilizer plant in North America”
- Contributing to process safety and environmental performance through Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) programs, Management of Changes (MOC), investigations team member or leader
- Perform process simulations, design calculations, sizing & selection of equipment’s etc. Review of client’s documents, specifications, datasheets, verification of FEED design & calculations
- Prepare various process engineering deliverables such as PFD, P&ID's, equipment datasheets, heat material balances, process line sizing calculations, hydraulic calculations, instrument datasheets including control valves and relief valves and other process design related tasks
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or equivalent
- 3 years or more of experience in Process industry
- Experience with and understanding of industrial process equipment and experience with Process Controls and Optimization
- Experience in partnering with operations to identify opportunities and increase plant efficiencies
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 8 years or more of experience in Process industry
- Experience leading a wide range of disciplines/personnel through the problem-solving process and alternative selection
- Process engineering knowledge around multiple production units
- In depth knowledge and experience of process controls and automation
- Understanding of plant economics and how to apply to project analysis
- Experience in the fertilizer, or natural gas refining industries
- Experience in Layer of Protection Analysis/Quantitative Risk Analysis/Process Hazard Analysis engineering
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf