Quality Department Manager
Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for commercial, residential and transportation applications as well as one of the world’s largest producers of automotive plastic trim products. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian is a whole-owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, one of the largest privately owned businesses in the US.
SRG Global is looking for you to join our team as a Quality Department Manager in Morehead, KY!
The Quality Department Manager is responsible for overseeing all of the day to day activities of the Morehead facility’s Quality Department while having a passion for customer focus, creating value, and ensuring compliance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Accountable for the day-to-day activities of the Quality Department
- Manage the Quality Management System for the plant
- Coach, mentor, and lead talent development within the Quality department to create ownership and long term sustainability
- Facilitate / Manage QOS process, meetings, and drive the improvement cycles
- Hold Quality Team accountable for Fast Response, 8D, and Reverse Angle value creation, Scorecard Improvement Plans, Daily Quality reporting with Director of Quality, and Quarterly Quality Review with Corporate Quality Team
- Corrective Actions read-across to all SRG Global plants • Facilitate / Manage robust 8D process
- Responsible for ensuring proper training and documentation for all employees within their department
- Enhance and foster our Market Based Management culture
- Understand and internalize all Customer Scoring Systems, i.e Q1, TPLS, TS16949, etc.
- Ensure compliance to all customer Quality Manuals
- Continuous improvement of EMS performance
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience as a leader in Quality, Program Management, or Engineering
- Experience in an automotive environment
- Experience improving internal/external launch processes and systems
- Experience with ISO/TS 16949 quality system and ISO 17025 calibration system
- Experience with plastic injection molding, plating, painting, assembly, part design, and tooling
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar discipline
- Experience in an automotive decorative exterior trim Tier I position
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf