HR Manager – Plant (Rome, GA)
Georgia-Pacific Building Products division is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join their team in Rome, Georgia. The Human Resources Manager will work in partnership with all levels of the organization and is expected to be a strategic business partner for facility leadership regarding human resources, driving human resource initiatives designed to support continuous improvement of performance in the facility. This position will engage in all areas of human resources to include employee relations, recruiting, compensation and work force strategy as well as drive continuous improvement of human resources and facility metrics.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure employees connect with how they create value for the company; Identify talent gaps (individually and organizationally) that are obstacles to superior results and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans.
- Partner with manufacturing plant leadership, in advancing our MBM culture to best attract, motivate, develop, and retain a diverse group of employees.
- Foster healthy Union relations at the facility, including ability to interpret and address concerns based on the CBA language.
- Provide strategic guidance to leaders in areas of change management and employee development.
- Foster a knowledge sharing culture to profitably improve efficiency and consistency for GP.
- Enhance various GP HR systems such as myHR, GHR, Talent Management Tools and Tableau metrics.
- Drive innovation with employee retention plans, onboarding and offboarding, management of change process, total compensation, workforce planning and many other HR related processes.
- Proactively coach and influence Leaders to drive results through the disciplined application of MBM®
- Prioritize work tied to the greatest value opportunity. This will include continued automation of transactional work and leveraging shared capabilities across the business.
- Be “forward thinking” to anticipate needs and issues before they arise.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Partner with other HR Leaders across GP to share information and best practices.
- Employee engagement, Employee Recognition strategies, an active floor presence.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 1 year of working in a union environment
- At least 3 years of experience in a human resources generalist or manager role
- Strong HR and business acumen including problem solving, critical thinking and self-initiative
- A basic knowledge of language interpretation and some exposure to the union
- Experience working with, coaching, and influencing senior leadership.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with coaching and influencing senior leadership
- At least 4 years of experience in a human resources generalist or manager role
- Previous HR experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience working in a unionized facility
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf