PRODUCTION PLANNER II
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Planner II at our corporate headquarters in Atlanta, GA. A Production Planner creates value by optimizing production and minimizing costs across our paper mills while maintaining world class customer service.
If you are a strong multi-tasker, you embrace change and work well in a fast-paced team environment; we are interested in learning more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage and optimize production schedules and trim efficiency/machine utilization for Georgia- Pacific paper machines
- Coordinate and collaborate with various organizational units including sales, customer service, manufacturing/operations, mill shipping departments, and the GP transportation group
- Use various tools, i.e.: an order management system, production planning software, an optimization model and data repositories to make production decisions
- Create block schedules and make adjustments as needed to meet mill and service needs
- Utilize problem solving skills to successfully trim production orders across multiple mills to optimize our mill system
- Use a cost optimization model to aid in scheduling/production decisions
- Track mill performance and report production variances and drivers to the team
- Develop resolution plans with various organizational units if unplanned events impact customer deliveries
- Identify trends utilizing analytical skills and tools
- Utilize verbal and written communication skills to facilitate meetings and present to the team
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher OR 2+ years of experience in production planning, demand planning, deployment planning, procurement or a supply chain execution function
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (spreadsheets and data analysis), Microsoft Word (document creation)
- Willing and able to be on-call on a rotational basis in the event of an after-hours mill need
What Will Put You Ahead
- Three (3) years or more of experience in production planning, demand planning, deployment planning, procurement or a supply chain execution function
- Experience using Pivot Tables and analyzing information in Excel
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf