Lead, Manufacturing Engineering
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies - Lead, Manufacturing Engineering
Genesis has a unique new opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Leader looking to contribute to a truly unique business environment. You will help us build a world-class manufacturing and assembly operation to produce industry disruptive actuator technologies for robotics and automation. The ideal candidate will have a creative approach to problem solving and can help guide us as we commercialize our inventive core actuation (electric motors, gears, combined actuators) technologies.
You will be pivotal in developing best practices as we scale our manufacturing capability and capacity. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, you will collaborate with high-calibre manufacturing professionals as well as a talented array of engineers from multiple disciplines to institute manufacturing methods and processes for our robot actuators.
This Lead position will guide a growing team that currently has 6 team members. The ideal candidate is technically enthused, hands-on, and can provide a high level of technical leadership to the advanced manufacturing engineering and manufacturing engineering functions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead, guide, coach, and mentor a growing Manufacturing Engineering team
- Collaborate closely with the product design team to lead DFM (design for manufacture) activities on new programs and products
- Directly and through team members, develop manufacturing processes for new products by studying requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing methods and equipment
- Collaborate with Program Management and Product Development teams to move products through the NPI (new product introduction) phases
- Work with current and potential suppliers to identify new equipment, processes, and other opportunities for improvement or cost reduction
- Establish product and process capability requirements and standards to confirm that proposed manufacturing processes are delivering to expectations
- Lead the initial development of manufacturing technical documentation (process flow, PFMEA)
- Support and demonstrate leadership with all health, safety, and environmental legislation and regulations, ensuring a safe work environment
- Demonstrate and enhance the company’s key Guiding Principles of Humility, Self-Actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Respect, Knowledge, Integrity, and Stewardship & Compliance
The Experience You Will Bring
- 10+ years of experience in engineering in manufacturing environments
- Experience in Manufacturing Engineering for electromechanical assemblies
- Experience managing new product introduction (NPI) processes
- Management, supervisory, or technical leadership experience
- Competency in solid modelling software such as Solidworks, Inventor, or similar
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- 8+ years of experience with quality management processes and tools such as AQP, PFMEA, DFM, etc.
- Engineering degree or technical diploma in a related discipline
- Excellent collaborator with proven ability to work effectively with a dynamic, energetic, and respectful team
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in the manufacturing of rotating equipment and gearing
- Experience in the manufacturing of electric motors
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150 individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg