The Maintenance Supervisor is a key to plant reliability and improvement. The role manages millwrights who are assigned to different areas of the facility. Together, the group regularly inspects all critical mechanical equipment, while in operation or while in service, determining the probability of imminent failure.
The Maintenance Supervisor's primary responsibility is the management of, and participation in, the scheduling of the work execution for all scheduled maintenance activities and assigned projects at the site. The role is also responsible for participating in prioritizing the work backlog, scheduling planned work, incorporating PM revisions, assuring PM compliance, and creating standard maintenance procedures. This position is accountable to the Maintenance Manager for the efficient and effective use of all maintenance resources and materials under their direct supervision. The role works closely with other Maintenance Leads / Supervisors and the Maintenance Manager in the development of the trades assigned, ensuring the site has a well trained, effective, and efficient maintenance workforce. Support and technical guidance to the team is essential to ensure proper job execution.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- The successful candidate will conduct themselves and their duties in a manner consistent with the companies MBM (Market Based Management) philosophy.
- Monitors and approves work requests to ensure an emergency response is necessary or directs the creation of a work order that can be planned and scheduled in the future. Participates in emergency work.
- Ensures appropriate resources for each planned and scheduled job, controls job execution and quality through completion.
- Ensures all work, including modifications and changes to any process, have a valid work order with all specified approvals.
- Ensures good housekeeping and safe work practices are followed in the shop and on all job sites. Works with department personnel on all safety compliance of work processes. Actively leads safety awareness and information sharing meetings.
- Works with the Maintenance Manager for on-call rotation and coordinates Millwright on-call list on a regular basis.
- Ensures the orderly conduct of Maintenance team members with respect to company policy and procedures compliance.
- Works with the Maintenance Manager to run Area Management Team meetings.
- Participates in work order prioritization with Planner and Area Superintendent. This expectation is shared with input from the Area Millwrights.
- Defines equipment monitoring rounds, implementing a method to verify successful completion. These rounds must include inspections for potential causes of housekeeping problems and/or safety hazards.
- Works with Area Planners to create value added work packages for execution of down days and shutdowns, with a high degree of focus on high quality precision Maintenance to eliminate rework.
- Fills in for Maintenance Manager when absent from mill.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- Development or revision and implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Development and implementation or revision of a precision maintenance program
- Development and implementation or revision of an RCM program
- Proven ability to efficiently work within a CMMS for work process control , such as MP2 – manage work order backlog
- Supervisory experience including, but not limited to: clear communication of facility and company goals, training and developing teams knowledge and skills, performance evaluation / feedback for improvement
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree or higher
- Maintenance experience in a wood products facility
- Certifications: MLT I, CMRT, CMRP, Vibration Analysis I
- MDF or wood products manufacturing knowledge
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf