Koch Specialty Plant Services, INC (KSPS) is NOW HIRING for a Piping Superintendent. The Piping Superintendent plans and ensure the coordination of piping jobs. The role has the responsibility of supervising the entire project, including guaranteeing the quality of work/materials and making sure all tasks are completed on time and within budget. The role has all-encompassing supervision of all operations on site. The Piping Superintendent assures that the design plan is being implemented by all and monitors the progress of the work. The role is responsible for compiling progress reports for the Construction Manager / Project Manager. This role also has accountability for the construction site and making sure that the project is completed on time and within the designed budget.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensures that the health and safety project plans are implemented and will need to be on-site to oversee the construction process
- Organize the team to ensure they are performing as needed, as well as ensuring that the budget is being followed
- Work closely with the project contractors and sub-contractors, with a focus on safety, compliance, quality, accuracy of billing/charges
- Drawings and technical documentation received by the superintendent will be reviewed and discrepancies immediately reported to the Project Engineer / Manager for clarification
- Progress reports will be written and provided to Project Engineer / Manager as often as requested
- Working in confined spaces, climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at high heights on a regular basis while wearing PPE including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of Superintendent experience managing customers and directing field crews and/or subcontractors on field construction sites in the refining and petro-chemical industry
- Experience with OH&S construction industry standards
- Experience with work flow planning and project execution
- Ability to read, comprehend, and properly follow information on piping ISO drawings
- 75% or more travel required for this position
What Will Put You Ahead
- Supervisory Training
- Experience working with flares, mass transfer equipment, boilers, installation of blowers furnaces, and fabricated duct piping
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf