Manufacturing Engineer - Retail Bath Tissue Machine
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking qualified professionals to consider for our Manufacturing Engineer opportunity to support the Palatka Retail Tissue Product Stream within our Mill located in Palatka, FL. Located just south of Jacksonville and west of St. Augustine, FL, the Palatka mill employs about 900 people and has three tissue paper machines and two Kraft paper machines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern®, Brawny®, and Sparkle® as well as specialty Kraft grades.
The Manufacturing Engineer will work in our TAD paper machine department, reporting to the TAD Paper Machine Production Leader. With more than $500 million in investments in the site's tissue business over the past two years, it is an exciting time to join the Georgia Pacific team in northern Florida! The Manufacturing Engineer will be involved with increasing the effectiveness of the asset by improving reliability, work processes, equipment performance, and team member capabilities focusing specifically within the Wet End of our TAD paper making manufacturing segment. This will also include focus on stock prep, stock approach, formation, and strength generation while leading technicians on the Tissue Paper Machine technical team. This position reports to the TAD Machine Production Leader.
The TAD tissue machine at Palatka makes premium retail Towel. This machine was built in 2020 and supplies 3 converting lines that were installed in 2019, making predominately retail Towel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create and Lead an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety. Ensure excellence with the safety systems on the Tissue Paper Machine.
- Lead and mentor employees to apply company values in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles
- Lead the implementation of complete asset strategies and operator basic care execution in the Tissue Paper Machine Area
- Lead the effort to identify, investigate, recommend and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that will improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Ability to challenge the status quo to facilitate continuous improvement
- Ability to collaborate across roles and diverse groups, gather and share feedback
- Lead daily operation to maximize overall operating efficiency of the paper machine.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 or more years of paper machine experience (operational, mechanical or reliability)
- Experience with implementing process improvement and operator capability building of wet end paper machine systems including stock systems, headboxes, formation, wet end chemistry, showering, and white-water systems.
- Experience leading projects, coaching and mentoring others within a manufacturing environment (i.e. demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and transfer knowledge to get results)
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Paper Science.
- Experience with TAD or other structured base sheet paper machines
- Experience with papermaking equipment mechanical troubleshooting techniques
- 7 or more years of operational experience on a paper machine
- Experience with SAP or Indus CMMS
- Equipment and/or manufacturing systems reliability experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf