Environmental Health & Safety Leader
Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs around 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian’s diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products; the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries; and the distribution of specialty building products. Guardian’s vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. Visit Guardian.com.
The Senior EH&S Leader supports Guardian Glass or SRG locations in compliance with all relevant EH&S regulations and processes. This position, with support from local staff and EH&S regional teams, provides the technical knowledge and expertise needed to maintain and safe and productive workplace.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partner with the Operations team to develop solutions, methods, and processes to reduce the overall risk profile of the facility
- Drive the follow-up and closure of EH&S action plans from activities such as audits and regional priorities
- Prepare various EH&S reports, including collection and review of metrics on a monthly or as-needed basis
- Maintain compliance with existing, emerging EH&S regulations, timely and accurate recordkeeping of EHS data.
- Promote knowledge sharing and implementation of operational best practices
- Provide leadership of the plant’s various Environmental Health and Safety initiatives such that the plants’ performance maintains and builds upon the company’s reputation as a proactive best-in-class corporate citizen
- Assure that the plant continuously improves performance by transforming the Environmental Health and Safety capability while maintaining compliance with all Local, State, and Federal Environmental and Safety regulations.
- Understand potential safety and environmental hazards used/present on site, take steps to reduce the use and/or mitigate any potential safety and environmental health hazards.
- Ensure Safety and Environmental Health certifications, accreditations, and compliance efforts are developed and continuously improved.
- Maintain compliance-related programs such as hearing conservation, silica, energy control, and mobile equipment.Partner with operations to support any training needs in these areas.
- Actively promote Market Bases Management culture with emphasis on stewardship, compliance and principled entrepreneurship, in transforming our business to create the greatest value.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the Environmental Health and Safety function.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Leadership/managerial experience
- Manufacturing experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Demonstrated proficiency with office automation/communication software and tools (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Possess highly effective written and verbal communications skills that can used with people of various backgrounds, experience, and education levels.
- Experience interacting with and training all levels of employees regarding regulatory and company EH&S requirements
- Broad-based knowledge of Environmental, Occupational Health, and Safety regulations
- Experience in Federal air permitting requirements and processes
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf