Cloud Engineer (i360)
i360, where The Data is the Difference, is the leading data and technology provider for those advancing a free and prosperous society through campaigns, nonprofits, and advocacy communities. i360 is a dynamic workplace sitting at the intersection of public policy, technology, and business, and is seeking team members who are as excited about the cause as they are about building the next generation of political technology.
i360 is seeking a Cloud Engineer to help with the planning and engineering of our systems infrastructure. Working with our Data Operations and Product Development teams, you will assist with building tools and scripts to monitor, troubleshoot, automate, and deploy our systems.
Success in this role requires a passion for helping others and making their lives better; you do this by simplifying complex systems to make them understandable and operable. You can effectively communicate decisions, ideas, designs, and operation of systems and services in a clear and concise manner. Together with the team, you will be directly responsible for solutions for the platform in these key areas: availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, security, emergency response, and capacity planning. Bring your ingenious mind, great team spirit and excellent communication skills to this great opportunity at i360!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build skillset through assisting infrastructure team as needed
- Attend computer-based trainings
- Provision, decommission servers and services
- Build and maintain services, automation, and tools that will positively impact key areas (see above)
- Investigate system performance, errors, and problems
- Make network and security changes
- Work with Systems Administration Tools for monitoring, backups, and security
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a specialized team
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ years of experience with AWS (EC2, VPC, S3)
- Passion for technology and a willingness to learn
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- AWS Certifications
- Networking experience (security groups, DNS)
- Familiarity with Terraform or other infrastructure as code solutions
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Powershell, Python, or Bash
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf