Production Test System Developer
At Molex we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Molex LLC develops innovative products and manufacturing processes around automotive in-vehicle networking, infotainment, and lighting segments. At Molex, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. Come join our journey.
In this role you will lead the design and development of automated PCBA, End-of-Line, and AOI tester projects to test Automotive Media Modules, Wireless Chargers, Wireless Compensers, Telematic Control Units, and Gateway/Switches from concept through implementation. You will work with cross functional teams, vendors, internal & external customers, as well as your team members.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop, integrate, and deploy software to control complex test systems used across multiple manufacturing centers. Must coordinate software development activities with various cross functional teams, including product development, manufacturing, marketing, quality, etc.
- Perform electrical testing of high-speed embedded systems, analyze data, identify critical to quality aspects of product design and manufacturing processes; perform root cause and corrective action analysis as well as write reports to summarize findings.
- Lead multifunctional teams to design automated production test systems for various types of embedded products. Help in maintaining records for project execution, schedule, and budget.
- Lead in completing overall test system design and review activities, including mechanical fixture design, PCB design, hardware integration, software development, system documentation, performance testing and characterization, etc.
- Create and execute test plans, conduct software reviews, perform system verification and validation tasks, as well as analyze failures modes, resolve issues, and document results.
- Create product and test system documentation, specifications, and work instructions.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Computer/ System Engineering
- 1-3 years of working experience with a strong understanding of product development and/or testing.
- 1-3 years of experience with programming languages such as Python, LabView, C#, or C/C++.
- Ability to apply computer programming concepts to solve complex problems in a variety of programming environments.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with RF/Microwave test and measurement equipment such as VNAs, oscilloscopes, TDR modules, and bit error rate testers, etc.
- Working knowledge of transmission line applications, Frequency- and time-domain analysis, cross talk, bit error rate testing, etc.