Sr. HR Business Partner
Sr. HR Business Partner
We are seeking a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner to join our team at Georgia-Pacific’s paper mill in Perdue Hill, AL, where we manufacture cellulose products.The AL River Cellulose Mill is critically important to GP’s cellulose business, and the HR Leader will have an opportunity to positively impact culture, the operation’s overall talent position to achieve business results, and HR transformation to a new service delivery model.
Our Alabama River Cellulose mill is situated in the Perdue Hill, AL area less than 15 miles from Monroeville, AL and less than 100 miles north of Mobile and Pensacola offering the charm of small-city living, limitless recreational opportunities, and close proximity to the beautiful Alabama and Florida Gulf beaches. The area also offers many events throughout the year, such as festivals, live theatre and Alabama’s Best Casino & Resort, Wind Creek Atmore.
This position will require that you live in the local area of Perdue Hill, AL or be open to relocating.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Ensure employees connect with how they create value for the company; identify talent gaps that are obstacles and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business performance and support delivering results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes to include continued automation of transaction work and leveraging shared capabilities across the business.
- Provide strategic guidance to leaders in areas of change management and employee development.
- Leverage data driven solutions to support business and advance results.
- Partner with various capabilities teams to improve our talent position – selection, attraction, and retention.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Optimize risk to the Company by effectively interpreting current policies and practices while identifying opportunities to drive standardization and eliminate waste.
- Foster healthy Union relations
- Foster knowledge sharing culture to profitably improve efficiency and consistency for GP and to discover untapped value and partner with other HR leaders across GP to share information and best practices.
- Be “forward thinking” to anticipate needs and issues before they arise.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking skills to influence positive outcomes, supported by customer and peer feedback
- Strong individual willingness and capability to implement change. Effective results apparent in HR; manufacturing or commercial business efforts; and site or team-specific outcomes for key initiatives.
- Demonstrated positive relationships and collaboration with key stakeholders, leveraged capabilities, and peers across the organization
- Performance history of strong coaching skills, openly sharing knowledge, and flexibility
- Ability to effectively prioritize based on value, understanding of how/where HR Generalists can quickly impact team members positively
- Experience with HR related processes that might include – Talent mobility, selection, performance management, talent planning, etc.)
- Experience developing and aligning initiatives to accelerate achievement of strategic business objectives
- Bachelor's degree OR 5+ years of demonstrated work history in related field/business
- Experience supporting site leadership teams directly
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a supervisory role where you have developed HR teams and HR professionals
- Experience with data analytics; analyzing data, pulling reports, etc. to execute on opportunities
- Labor Relations experience (grievances, contract interpretation)
- Previous HR experience working within a unionized workforce
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf