Mechanical Engineer - Automotive Engineering (m/f/d)
Supercomputers. Smartphones. Self-driving cars.
You’ll find our innovation inside the technology that’s transforming our world and improving lives.
We’re a team of 50,000 people in over 40 countries, united in our values and beliefs and part of Koch Industries - one of the world’s largest privately held businesses - giving you access to opportunities across a diverse set of companies, markets and geographies. Every day we strive to innovate, improve and transform ourselves in order to create greater value for the company, our customers and society.
Get ready for new challenges and new experiences.
To support our development team, we are looking for competent, independent and committed engineer specializing in automotive engineering or mechanical engineering. You will be part of our mechanical antenna development team and responsible for the CAD technical development and integration into the vehicle installation space. In this role you will be dealing with our customers and colleagues. At Molex you will find an exciting and innovative workplace in an international environment. Our team at the Hildesheim location is collaborative and we have a respectful work atmosphere, where you will have the opportunity to bring in your own creative ideas.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support new antenna development projects from concept to series production
- Create 3D CAD data and drawings using CATIA V5
- Select appropriate materials, considering mechanical, environmental and economic requirements
- Work directly with customers and internal teams to identify requirements, develop designs and meet agreed design, performance and project objectives.
- Coordinate prototype and pre-production activities to meet customer requirements for finished product.
- Coordinate project activities to ensure smooth release of products for production, while meeting customer requirements and established schedules.
- Perform methods and simulations, e.g. DFMEA, FEM, tolerance analysis, ...etc. and use the results to improve the design and reduce risks before production.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Successfully completed studies in mechanical engineering/automotive engineering or a related field.
- Several years of professional experience as mechanical engineer or automotive engineer.
- Extensive design experience: very good CAD system knowledge (Catia V5); finite element methodology knowledge; experience with tolerance analysis; experience in the design of plastic, zinc & aluminum die-cast and sheet metal components as well as experience in the design of electronic modules.
- Very good communication skills in German and English.
- Team player, with great interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel.