REGIONAL PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER
Georgia-Pacific Wood Products, LLC is seeking a dynamic and experienced Regional Process Control Engineer for the OSB and Composite Panels Division. This position is a rewarding combination of hands-on technical and project support along with talent development and coaching of electrical skills in the mills. This position has electrical and control responsibilities for 7 manufacturing facilities located in Texas, Arkansas, Florida, South Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Ontario, Canada. The role can be located remotely in the Southeast Region, and depending on manager location, travel could be up to 50%.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide safety leadership and drive a culture that is based on continuous improvement.
- Ensure each facility’s electrical systems are operating reliably, efficiently, and in compliance with all electrical safety regulations
- Support mill personnel in problem solving & troubleshooting of PLC’s, vision systems, mill information systems, electrical distribution equipment, and manufacturing processes.
- Develop mill electrical capabilities through training and hands on work.
- Explore and capture opportunities (both capital and non-capital) that create value for the mills.
- Assist regional engineers with implementation of capital projects.
- Facilitate Root Cause Failure Analysis where appropriate
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience as an electrical \ process control supervisor OR experience as a highly skilled electrical technician having excellent troubleshooting, programming, leadership, and communication skills
- High School Diploma
- Demonstrated, hands-on, experience w/ Rockwell or Allen Bradley PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Servo Drive programming experience
- Past experience leading automation / continuous improvement / capital projects
- Willing and able to travel up to 50%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Advanced experience and capabilities with programming and troubleshooting PLC’s, AC drives, PC’s and process networks.
- Associates degree in electronics or equivalent knowledge, training, and experience
- Experience with software-based Advanced Process Control (APC)
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting plant HMI systems (Wonderware, Ignition, FactoryTalk View)
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting plant electrical distribution systems
- Knowledge of electrical safe work practices – NFPA 70e
- Ability to analyze problems with manufacturing process and apply both control and mechanical solutions to improve operations
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, word-processing, MS schedule, and AutoCAD
- OSB or wood products experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf