Logistics System Owner - AGV
Logistics Systems Owner – Clatskanie, OR
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to be considered for the AGV Logistics Systems Owner to support the tissue operations at our Wauna, OR facility located in Clatskanie, OR. The overall responsibility of this position(s) is to manage the continuous operations of the AGV’s & LGV barges on-shift. The position(s) will report to the Distribution Center Manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, self-directed person; possess good interpersonal skills; motivate teams by influencing and building partnerships; and, have strong communication, planning, and organizational skills.
Wauna is located in Clatskanie, OR on the Columbia River and is centrally located near the beach and mountains with several forms of outdoor recreational activities. Wauna is within an hour drive to Portland, OR, offering regional attractions and forms of entertainment.
Georgia-Pacific employees have the opportunity to influence the long-term success of the plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management. This is a role with potential for advancement both within the plant and across the company. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring the facility's electrical systems are operating reliably, efficiently, and in compliance with all electrical safety regulations.
- Providing guidance to manufacturing operations on selection and implementation of process controls technologies
- Designing and implementing value creating industrial processes and motor controls on capital projects of varying magnitude
- Designing, programming, modifying, and maintaining PLC and HMI systems
- Developing, reviewing, and revising project investment requests to ensure sound engineering approaches and professional presentations
- Working with facility personnel, corporate engineering groups, and external consultants to ensure the proper execution of large and small projects utilizing the appropriate work processes.
- Pursuing engineering solutions to resolve equipment deficiencies.
- Provide clear and concise communication to on-shift Performance Coach and/or Manufacturing Engineer regarding production and/or loading issues.
- Monitor overall load and unload conveyors and correct operations issues.
- Communication to and with E80 Help Desk to gain resolution regarding operational issues with E80 equipment.
- Key Communicator to E80 onsite Technician to identify needs to be entered into PTM work requests system for needed parts and send to Performance Coach or Mfg. Engineer for approval
- Work with Battery Vendor (ABT) to maintain battery systems for AGV’s.
- Parts procurement, optimizing spares strategy, and WO planning.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or other related technical discipline
- Two (2) years or more of leadership experience within an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience with electrical safe work practices – NFPA 70-E Electrical Safety Standard
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with industrial electrical systems design, process controls design and/or implementation of electrical construction techniques
- PLC programming (Rockwell, Giddings & Lewis, Siemens), HMI Development (Inductive Automation/Ignition), Variable Frequency Drives, Servos, and fieldbus networks (Control net, Device net, Profibus, Ethernet) experience
- One (1) year or more of project management experience
- Experience using AutoCAD for generating and modifying electrical schematics
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf