Koch Fertilizer, LLC is seeking a motivated and self-driven Terminal Leader to join our team in Marshalltown, IA. This role will involve leading and developing a team a Terminal Operators and an I&E Technicians. The successful candidate will support operations, maintenance and management of an anhydrous ammonia terminal consisting of shipment and receipts. This role will require excellent documentation, organizational skills, and a mechanical aptitude.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Overall leadership and growth of the team including coaching and development
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and/or capability of the terminal
- Assist in project execution at the terminal and provide timely feedback on progress to key stakeholders
- Lead by example by personally promoting Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S)
- Ensure any non-compliant actions or attitudes are addressed quickly and coordinated with appropriate capability leaders
- Oversee Terminal Compliance, upkeep and maintenance
- Oversee safe handling of anhydrous ammonia in storage, refrigeration process, truck loading and unloading, receipt from pipeline and injection to pipeline
- Provide accurate and timely terminal recordkeeping involving working within Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Ensure equipment is maintained in good operational condition in a cost-effective manner
- Work with qualified suppliers to ensure equipment is repaired in a timely manner
- Ensure all employees and contractors are trained on processes and on the importance of safety and environmental compliance
- Aid with truck loading/unloading in peak demand times
- Take ownership to ensure that all work is being done safely and efficiently
- Physical requirements of the position include lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, working outdoors in all types of weather, wearing a gas mask type respirator, unassisted physical mobility around a plant, and occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma OR GED
- One (1) or more years of experience in a technical maintenance and/or operations position
- Understanding of handling, shipping and storage of hazardous materials/chemicals
- Experience leading or supervising a team
- Valid driver's license
- Able to work a rotating 24 hour on-call schedule during nights and weekends
- Able to work extended and off-shift hours as required
- Must live within 30 minutes of the terminal
- Able to pass required HAZMAT physical
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with ammonia terminal or chemical facility operations and equipment
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) and Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) compliance
Koch Fertilizer, LLC is an industry leader producing and distributing quality fertilizer products since 1967. As part of one of the world’s most successful private companies, we strive to create real, sustainable value for our customers, people, communities and company. We are committed to hiring people with the right virtue and talent, developing their skills and rewarding them for the value they create.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf