Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring for a Production Supervisor at the Milan, MI corrugated packaging plant. The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety as a value and lead a crew of 5-8 employees to exceed production expectations for the shift. The candidate must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and quality.
Primary responsibilities will include providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality. Also responsible for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills; addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from machine centers to ensure quality and on-time production.
This position is eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Promoting a culture where safety becomes everyone’s core value and ensuring employees are working in a safe manner and adhering to the safety guidelines
- Striving for compliance excellence in environmental, health, safety and quality and ensuring that best practices are being followed to minimize waste
- Provide coaching and training to further advance the crews; ability, quality and output performance
- Being able to address key issues and concerns with employee development
- Leading crew to attain and exceed production goals
- Ensuring that we produce a product that meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations
- Planning, assigning and directing work for all hourly production employees
- Working with maintenance and crew to maintain and sustain overall equipment effectiveness
- Exemplify and advance the MBM® (Market Based Management) philosophy
- Driving continuous improvement in the facility
- Effectively communicating to production, support and management
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory or military leadership role
- At least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel and Word
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in corrugated packaging, folding carton or containerboard industry
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing or related field
- Lean Six Sigma training
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf