Process Engineer - Talladega, Al
Georgia-Pacific recently opened a new state-of-the art lumber mill in Talladega, Alabama! This location receives about 150 log trucks a day and produces approximately 300 million board-feet of lumber a year. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced plant.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Process Engineer in our lumber mill in Talladega, AL. As a Process Engineer, you will provide process engineering and technical support to plant operations and capital projects. You will partner closely with operations and the business defining risk position, identifying unit production opportunities, implementing plant improvement projects with a project team, and driving innovative data analysis and solutions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Understand equipment operation and develop process to maintain process reliability
- Positive & healthy working nature among the team of engineers to ensure optimum productivity & efficiency
- Working with data acquisition systems
- Work to continuously improve work groups and processes
- Analyze data to improve downtime, find key performance indicators and find root causes
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- One (1) year of more experience with continuous process improvement projects in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- One (1) year of more experience working with operational teams and processes
- One (1) year of more experience processing and analyzing data such as: downtime, key performance indicators and root cause analyses
- Experience leading production teams
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, tables, and formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with industrial process equipment
- Experience working with Data Acquisition Systems
- Experience with Process Controls and Optimization
- Experience leading personnel through the problem-solving process and alternative selection
- Experience with plant economics applying to project analysis
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf