Payroll Supervisor (Reconciliation and Compliance)
Our HR Solutions team is seeking a Supervisor of Payroll (North America). We have corporate offices in Atlanta or Kennesaw, GA or Wichita, KS. We love passionate, forward thinking individuals who are driven to innovate and love facing new challenges. In this role you will lead a team that has oversight of adjustments, reconciliations, and compliance for North American Payroll and related payroll projects. This role provides a great opportunity to drive transformation and to coach and develop our high performing team. We are seeking a results-oriented, problem solver who is committed to delivering our services timely and accurately multiple legal entities in the US and Canada.
Koch Business Solutions (KBS) is the global problem-solver of business needs for Koch Industries, Inc. We serve more than 120,000 Koch employees worldwide and partner with 11 Koch companies from a diverse number of industries; from making fabric to manufacturing cell phone components. Since 2003 we have invested over $80 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures and are proud to reinvest more than 90% of our earnings back into our companies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Have oversight of adjustments, reconciliations, and compliance for North American Payroll
- Coordinate and supervise the work of payroll analysts - coaching and developing a talented team of 4-5
- Provide support for special projects and related initiatives within the North American payroll team.
- Establish partnerships with key finance resources to ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Manage key vendor relationships (Payworks, ADP, Lanier, AFLAC) and ensure vendors are paid timely and accurately.
- Reconciliation of withholdings (non-tax) from employee paychecks to ensure remittances are paid timely and accurately. (Garnishments, Parking, Benefits, Other)
- Unclaimed property management
- Year-end ownership - Imputed income adjustments and 1099 coordination
- Engage with human resources leaders and business partners to identify, recommend, and drive process improvements and ensure the delivery of optimal services and products.
- Be a steward of internal financial controls
- Exemplify Market Based Management (MBM) guiding principles and drive profitable application of MBM and long term operational excellence
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Five years of payroll, payroll management, or other corporate capability experience
- Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; (Outlook, Teams, Word, SharePoint, PowerApps)
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel proficiency
- Previous Supervisory, Coaching, or Project Leadership experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ceridian, ADP, SAP/S4Hana and/or Canadian Payroll experience would be a plus
- Knowledge of payroll best practices and mechanics including regular, off-cycle, and adjustments, withholdings, reconciliations, imputed income, internal controls, quarter and year-end tasks, and standard and custom reporting
- Working knowledge of benefit plan design and compliance related to payroll
- Process improvement and/or RPA (Robotic Process Automation) experience
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, or Alteryx)
- Accounting, Finance or Tax experience = global company a plus!
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf