~~~Eligible for Sign-On Bonus~~~
~~~Eligible for Relocation Assistance~~~
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for a Manufacturing Engineer role to support the No. 1 Paper Machine in the Tissue Mill operations area at the Naheola mill located in Pennington, AL.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be involved with increasing the effectiveness of the asset group by improving reliability, work processes, equipment performance and team member capabilities within the Tissue Mill segment. This position reports to the Tissue Mill Production Leader. Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of Environmental, Health, and Safety
- Coach and Mentor Asset Operators to safely achieve quality production targets in an Ownership Based Work System
- Lead the effort to identify, investigate, recommend, and implement equipment, vital supply and raw material improvements, along with process changes that will improve quality of the finished product
- Lead efforts in reducing customer complaints
- Lead waste reduction initiatives to reduce all forms of waste within the area
- Manage all business aspects of the tissue mill asset(s) including monthly operational costs, capital projects, compliance projects and production performance
- Execute financial spend forecast to meet or exceed plan
- Capture and develop opportunities for economic improvement
- Lead assigned projects to completion to provide targeted economic return
- Work as a team player to improve the overall results of the business unit
- Identify and address Tissue Mill team skill performance gaps by collaborating with the Performance Development Leader for improvement strategies
- Lead/Improve Asset and Reliability Strategies (including spare parts, time & condition-based maintenance, down day planning, lubrication, operator basic care routes, asset clean to inspect, Operating Envelope, etc.
- Leading in a team environment across all levels of the organization
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma OR GED
- Eight (8) or more years of experience working on high-speed paper machines
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas), Teams, and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Experience initiating and/or executing capital projects
- Experience working in a pulp or paper operation
- Experience working in a union environment
- Experience with software tools such as PI Process Book, PTM (AA)/Suite, Asset Suite, Downtime Analysis Reports, and SAP
Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Mill located in Pennington, Alabama, is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 900 employees produce a wide range of products for the consumer business, including Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf