SAFETY & HEALTH TECHNICIAN
Georgia-Pacific has an opening for a Health and Safety Technician for our Plywood facility in Camden, TX. This role could be for 18 – 24 months and then would transition into a production role. This hourly position reports to the Safety Manager. This position creates value by providing guidance, direction, and program implementation in the areas of health and safety information for the operation. If you are motivated by driving innovation and have experience facilitating health and safety trainings, we look forward to hearing from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintaining and distributing current employee information, policy and procedure manuals and other communications relative to Health and Safety area
- Ensuring compliance by providing the facility with “hands-on” support to administer and implement the health and safety programs
- Coordinating and facilitating the completion of all required Health and Safety and property conservation training (new hire, contractor/visitor)
- Coordinating risk assessment processes throughout the facility (PPE, moving equipment, pedestrian safety, etc.)
- Majority of the time will be spent on the floor having KCA conversation with employees.
- Being able to be a resource for night shift supervisors for any safety needs.
- Be able to provide first aid care and help with any investigation.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to gain first aid certification and train-the-trainer certification
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word (i.e., creating documents), Excel (i.e., creating spreadsheets, utilizing formulas, and Outlook (i.e., scheduling meeting invites & e-mailing)
- Experience with training employees on health and safety awareness
- Experience with incident investigation including root cause identification and corrective action formulation
- Experience with hazard identification and assessment
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree or higher in Safety & Health or Environmental Science
- At least two (2) years of Safety & Health experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf