Site PSM Leader
This job posting is no longer active.
INVISTA is seeking a Process Safety Management (PSM) Leader for its Victoria, TX site. This role is an exciting growth opportunity for a high-energy individual looking to make a difference and lead improvements in our operations. The Site PSM Leader has a high level of influence on operations, support, and leadership teams, and is expected to lead a culture of organizational and individual ownership and innovation in all areas of PSM. The individual is responsible for coordination and auditing OSHA PSM and EPA RMP programs, identifying improvements to existing programs and developing and implementing improvement solutions, and enhancing PSM understanding and capabilities across the site. The individual will interface with a diverse group of customers including process and project engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, HSE, and global process safety.
Our culture is derived from our Market Based Management® philosophy, which guides decision making and provides opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value created.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitates process safety ownership within the facility through the application of the Market Based Management® (MBM®) Framework, Mental Models and Guiding Principles.
- Develop the practices, tools, and capabilities for site personnel to execute a compliant MOC process at the site.
- Has capability to lead/coordinate application of all aspects of OSHA PSM and EPA RMP, ensure compliance and look for ways of continuous improvements with the programs.
- Provide leadership, guidance, oversight, auditing, and training (build capabilities) for the elements of PSM.
- Supports the sites with significant process related incident investigations, root-cause analysis, and corrective actions to prevent recurrence while building site capability.
- Prepare process safety related reports including key performance indicators in an accurate and timely manner. Improve site PSM understanding and capability to drive more PSM ownership and an improved PSM culture across the site.
- Develop, track, and report key performance indicators (most importantly, leading indicators).Coordinate with PLT to ensure metrics are reviewed on a set schedule with PLT, SLT, and global PSM.
- Understand PSM implications of incidents and provide guidance to site for proper classification, reporting, investigation, and improvements.
- Lead the PSM Audit program at the site, including oversight of appropriate completion of PSM recommendations and Action Plans.
- Manage process hazard analysis (PHA) program, including tracking and understanding action items and ensuring verification of selected IPLs. Perform verification of IPLs audits on a regular basis.
- Own and coordinate site Facility Siting activities.
- Migrate Enablon Administration from PSM Leader to other roles in the site.
- Lead improvements and assist in maintaining compliant Management of Organization Change (MOOC) program.
- Provide PSM participation in the site’s VPP program.
- Site Lead Representative and Participate in global PSM Communities.
- Development and delivery of training for PSM requirements.
- Participates in the development and execution of tactical and strategic plans to improve process safety management and performance.
- Effective communicator and group facilitator as well as the ability to manage multiple work streams and priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of Site Leadership and the Global Organization to lead development of viable solutions
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS degree in Science or related technical degree
- Minimum of 10 years manufacturing / process-related industry experience
- Process safety application / leadership experience
- Application and knowledge of OSHA 1910 General Industry standards, particularly 29 CFR 1910.119
- PHA, PSSR and MOC experience
- Experience with and knowledge of relevant process safety regulations, specifically 29 CFR 1910.119 (Process Safety Management) and 40 CFR 68 (Chemical Accident Prevention Provisions)
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience and formal training in Hazard analysis systems such as Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP), PHA, or Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) Risk Assessment or other similar systems
- Leadership experience within a chemical plant in operations, technical, or mechanical integrity role
- Knowledge of how manufacturing processes work and basic equipment operation within the processes
- Experience in Enablon
- Certified Process Safety credentials.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.