The KBS Global Procurement Solutions team is looking for a Lead Buyer to join our team based in Katowice, Poland. The role is valued across Koch companies as the buying team manages the creation of POs for IT-related purchases. The role works closely with customers to understand the customer’s needs and to ensure the appropriate product is delivered timely, empowering our employees’ productivity.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work at one of the largest privately held companies in the world with over 120,000+ employees and presence in 60 countries. We will be seeking highly motivated and results-oriented individuals with an ability to work with Koch customers. Learn more about our opening and come find a career that grows with you at Koch Industries.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Mentor and delegate responsibilities across multiple procurement buyers
- Actively and consistently identify opportunities to improve existing processes
- Issue and maintain purchase orders in multiple ERP systems in accordance with procedures
- Simple sourcing for non-catalog item requests (i.e., 3 bids and a buy)
- Collaborating with customers to understand product requirements and articulate requirements accurately to supplier
- Assist customers with questions and/or status updates related to orders
- Provide support in the 3-way match process, helping resolve invoicing discrepancies with suppliers and accounting.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience in procurement
- Fluency in English
- Strong conceptual, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Strong customer focus; ability to develop productive and respectful relationships with customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and apply appropriate prioritization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand requirements and accurately relay information to another party.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Leadership/mentorship experience
- Experience with Ariba, SAP and/or Coupa procurement software
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Sourcing or Procurement, Accounting or Finance
- Other language(s) will be an asset (i.e., French, German, Spanish, Polish)
- Experience in procurement of IT hardware and software.