Process Control Leader
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting opportunity for a talented Process Control Leader at our Foley Cellulose facility! Foley is a kraft pulp manufacturing plant located near Perry, FL. The facility employs approximately 540 employees and produces both chemical and absorbent cellulose products used in products such as plastics, coatings, pharmaceuticals, currency, and filtration.
This position supports Distributed Control Systems and Manufacturing IT Systems throughout the mill and will be responsible for designing and implementing control improvements while working with others to maintain and troubleshoot the mill’s control systems. We are looking for an individual who will assist with the development of process control systems and strategies that will allow Foley to advance its current process systems to new levels of technology to support advanced manufacturing and continuous improvement. As projects are implemented, this role will share responsibility for working with internal, corporate, and external engineering resources to research and answer technical issues ensuring successful, on-schedule projects. Process Control Leader will supervise and mentor a team of Three Process Control Engineers. The Process Control Team works across production areas to support multiple projects in all areas of the plant as needed.
This position reports to the site Manufacturing Services Leader.
***This position has a $30,000 Sign On Bonus for a 2 Year Commitment & Relocation Assistance***
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Advancing our Market Based Management (MBM®) culture and develop team to successfully advance business priorities
- Building the talent and capabilities of site employees in process control
- Designing, implementing, and supporting hardware and software systems for mill process equipment. i.e. Honeywell Experion, Honeywell TDC 3000, Modicon and Rockwell Control Logix PLC Systems
- Supporting operations with troubleshooting installed systems to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of these systems
- Implementing, designing, and configuring advanced process control strategies
- Maintaining functional design specifications for process control systems
- Supporting Advanced Process Control implementation efforts for all areas of the mill
- Serve as a resource for engineering with assistance in installing new process control systems
- Partnering with corporate teams to implement new technologies that support our manufacturing transformation journey
- Providing small project management leadership and support for projects that are managed locally, through third party vendor support, or in partnership with corporate teams
- Managing Process Control spending/contracts
- Supporting of the mill safety program both personally and by example
- Working closely with mill personnel to identify opportunities and solve problems
- Partnering with the remote collaborative support centers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5 years or more of Process Control Engineering experience
- Experience in designing, configuring, programming, troubleshooting distributed control, PLCs, HMI’s, APC’s and/or SCADA systems
- Experience leading a team of employees
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 10 years or more of Process Control Engineering experience
- Experience leading system implementations & upgrades
- Experience mentoring and developing engineers and interns
- Experience in supporting process control systems in a Pulp and Paper facility
- Experience with IT/OT network technologies
- Experience with Honeywell DCS systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf