Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit http://www.gp.com/.
The Operations Manager role supports the leadership team and Plant Manager in guiding operations and reliability measures to ensure operational excellence and preferred partner status. The role works to develop and own key measures of success and drives accountability within the site. This role also manages and supervises the Team Leads and develops a cadence of consistency to support the team, filling in for the Plant Manager as needed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment - consistent with our MBM® management philosophy and framework.
- Supervise/coordinate production efforts that result in long term improvement in work processes - including, but not limited to: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, variability reduction, reliability, quality, production, and costs.
- Facilitate team development and communication, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, and build employee commitment and ownership.
- Establish roles, responsibilities, and expectations for direct reports with appropriate coaching, feedback, and development, to achieve results.
- Drive cultural change in which employees take ownership for running the facility; this role will supervise Team Leads within the facility
- Support a variety of shift schedules such as day / night / weekends / holidays, with the understanding that shift schedules can change during employment
- Work in a variety of environments such as, but not limited to: confined spaces, high spaces, hot/cold/humid/noisy
- Wear the necessary Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) - hard hat, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots / shoes, and other PPE required for specific jobs. Also must be able to work without wearing jewelry
The Experience You Will Bring
- Supervisory experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment that includes a strong understanding of not only production, but also day to day operations including, but not limited to the following: HR, EHS, Quality
- Must have a solid working knowledge of MS Word (creating, editing, formatting documents, preparing reports and tables) and Excel (creating, modifying spreadsheets, using functions, filters, and graphs to analyze data).
- Demonstrated experience coaching, counseling, and developing employees
What Will Put You Ahead
- OSB or Wood Products knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of advanced reliability skills - thermography, vibration analysis, lubrication
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf