Human Resources Business Partner
Koch Methanol, LLC is looking for a HR Business Partner to join its St. James, Louisiana team. If you are a business leader, who knows that the best way to achieve superior results is by establishing a culture that leverages individuals’ aptitudes and abilities to achieve a vision, this is the opportunity for you. This is a brand-new state-of-the-art methanol plant and terminal in St. James Parish, Louisiana, with more than 100 employees eager to create value and work together to achieve a common vision.
It’s an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help establish a strong MBM and safety culture. We’re looking for people who have proven experience using MBM to get results.
The plant and terminal feature the latest developments in operations processes and new technology not available at other Koch facilities. Individuals should be adaptable, continuous learners, good problem-solvers and solution-oriented thinkers.
The plant is in the early stages of commissioning and start-up. Once fully operational, it is expected to produce about 1.8 million metric tons per year. The facility is designed for multiple modes of product distribution, including: World-class truck and rail terminals adjacent to the plant. A marine dock on the Mississippi River providing the capability to load 10,000-barrel and 30,000-barrel barges, as well as typical ocean-going vessels.
The St. James plant began as a joint venture in 2018 and was fully acquired by Koch Ag & Energy Solutions in December 2020, with a capital investment of approximately $2 billion.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Market Based Management (MBM) culture builder: MBM champion who connects employees to MBM and advances the application of MBM
- Relationships: ability to build and maintain relationships within the organization (team, peers, leaders and partners)
- Coaching and support through reoccurring one-to-one’s with supervisors and employees
- Collaboration: ability to partner and interact effectively with the leveraged capabilities as we move towards our future HR operating model (recruiting, employee relations, etc.)
- Partner with the St. James Leadership Team and supervisors to help the company meet its talent vision of Selecting, Developing, Rewarding and Retaining individuals committed to Koch’s Guiding Principles
- Collaborate with supervisors on compensation decisions and rewarding employees for value creation
- Effectively manage and partner with supervisors to address employee relations issues
- Compliance: identify HR compliance risks and develop plans to mitigate or address these risks
- Innovation: drive innovation in HR functions and processes. Support transformation efforts across HR team
- Change: ability to embrace, communicate, influence and lead others through change -Analyzing trends and metrics to make data driven decisions
- Conducting thorough investigations in collaboration with compliance, legal and leadership
- Program ownership of talent centered initiatives such as College Recruiting, On-Boarding, Employees Integration, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience partnering with business leadership to develop and execute strategies that enable employees to contribute and succeed
- 4 years or more working in a Human Resources related role, people operations or supervisor position
- Experience with HR processes (selection, performance management, talent planning, compensation, FLSA etc.)
- Experience with FMLA and AAP as well as training supervisors on employment law basics
- Experience using Human Capital Management systems (i.e.- PeopleSoft, SAP etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Human Resources OR Psychology focused area
- Previous experience as an HR Generalist or Business Partner working in a manufacturing, industrial, or chemical processing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf