Director, Logistics Operations
Molex is seeking a motivated and self-driven Director, Logistics Operations for the Americas region to join our team in Bolingbrook, IL. This role will report directly to the VP, Global Logistics & Distribution Operations and provide leadership and direction to the Americas Distribution Centers and logistics warehousing function in the Global Product Divisions. This role is also responsible for establishing and implementing programs and initiatives to support the company’s overall strategic objectives (i.e. improve quality, delivery performance globally, and improve gross margin). The successful applicant will have solid leadership skills, be a team player, have a high degree of integrity personally & professionally, will function well in international environments, have a high sense of urgency and excellent oral & written communication skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Establish and enhance efficient Safety program. Collaborate with the enterprise ES&S group to utilize and deploy leading industry standards that enhance safety.
- Participate with the global Logistics and Division leadership teams in the development of the Company’s overall Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing and Network strategy.
- Overall responsibility for driving global initiatives that improve the Company’s AME warehousing processes, performance, costs, and quality. Works with the Division logistics teams to implement programs and/or systems implementations projects, such as new warehouse management and other related systems.
- Improve customer experience through process design for speed and agility and through improvement of warehouse quality.
- Work with the Global Divisions and Sales and Marketing capabilities to improve customer experience. Participate in the design and implementation of customer supply chain solutions such as JIT and drop ship and other fulfillment programs.
- Work with the Global Divisions to reduce End to End Supply Chain cost, including those from warehousing and transportation.
- Participate on global teams to study, evaluate and make recommendations to optimize Molex’s global warehouse and distribution center footprint.
- Drive improvement through application of Lean, Six Sigma, 6S and other techniques, to continuously reduce waste and improve operating efficiencies. Develop performance metrics and monitor progress against the logistic plans and objectives.
- Promote and conduct benchmarking and develop roadmaps for ongoing development of distribution center capabilities and the implementation of “best practices” as it relates to supply chain management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ leadership experience in the logistics industry or operations management with significant experience in logistics/supply chain and warehouse management
- Project management experience working on large-scale logistics projects
- Experience with 3PL & 4PL management
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- MBA or other related graduate degree
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP systems
- Lean & Six Sigma Practitioner experience
- Warehouse Management System experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This is role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship.