Mill Optimization Leader
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified candidates to consider for a Mill Optimization Leader at our Cedar Springs, GA containerboard mill. The Mill Optimization Leader will utilize leadership, influence, operations experience and communication abilities to analyze and identify change improvement opportunities related to people, process, and systems at the mill. They will work with other mill leadership team members and site team members in capturing strategic value opportunities and implementing proven operating practices within a core set of designated workstreams: Management Systems; Organization; Production; and Asset Care. These workstreams are designed to improve a site’s competitive position in regard to OEE, cost, quality, reliability, risk reduction, and overall operations excellence capability. The role will also require the ability and courage to coach several levels of leadership, from senior to front line leaders, as well as shop floor operating and maintenance technicians. The success in this role is measured by how well the sites improve against established baselines for the specific areas supported. They will address barriers impacting progress in a professional and collaborative manner.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Delivering documented and verified value results in a manufacturing environment
- Using strong interpersonal skills: communicate, influence and collaborate with people and teams (establishing rapport, careful listening, building trust, overcoming barriers, and coaching a diverse range of customers).
- Leveraging strong shop floor experience in the application of operations, or maintenance and reliability, processes and tools
- Developing the capability of management and shift employees to effectively problem solve, determine root cause, and develop and implement corrective actions
- Exercising capability in organizational behavior and change management in small and large organizations.
- Managing customer engagements with strong project management capabilities for effective prioritization, management of time, and escalation of issues when appropriate
- Developing and maintaining effective partnerships with key capabilities
- Facilitating, formally and informally, to solve problems, generate ideas, and coordinate resources for implementation towards a successful outcome (formal methods include RCA and FMEA)
- Analyzing complex data for operations, maintenance, and cost to identify high value opportunities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or economics
- 10 or more years’ experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting; direct experience must include Operations or Maintenance/Reliability responsibilities
- Experience developing, influencing, and executing significant change initiatives at different organizational levels including shop floor
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
What Will Put You Ahead
- Management or Direct Supervisory experience
- 15 years or more of Operations or Maintenance/Reliability experience
- Six Sigma, Lean, or SMRP certifications
- Experience in Management Systems/Operating Discipline
- Experience in pulp and paper industry
Since 1963, the Cedar Springs mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages is our ability to do so through our dedicated employees. Georgia-Pacific is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. The Cedar Springs Mill, located in the southwest corner of Georgia is approximately 28 miles from Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the state of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can easily drive to 3 capital cities in 3 1/2 hours or less. You are just 1.5 hours from Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. Additionally, Dothan has several parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.