Director of International Logistics
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Director of International Logistics. This position will be based in Atlanta Georgia reporting to the Vice President of Global Supply Chain Operations. Georgia Pacific is a leading exporter of pulp and paper products globally. This role is global in scope and works across multiple businesses Working pro-actively within a matrix environment to ensure business priorities and strategies are incorporated into the overall Global Supply Chain strategy. The successful candidate will be an established leader with a proven track record of delivering results within Marine logistics. Strategic capabilities are a must, as well as being hands-on and comfortable with tactical execution.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the Marine Logistics team, ensuring the team is aligned with the business vision and is driving innovation to develop competitive advantages for GP.The marine logistics team consists of offices located in Atlanta, GA; Jericho, NY; and Mumbai, India.
- Drive key partnerships with International Trade team, Legal, Corporate Compliance, Supply Chain Operations, and the business stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential compliance risks.
- Lead overall procurement of ocean freight, freight forwarding, and air freight services delivering market-competitive pricing and services. Leverage GP’s relationships and buying power to create long term value across GP.
- Strategically partner with broader Packaging and Cellulose Segment commercial and capability teams including Production Planning, Global Sales and Sales Service, Manufacturing, and Compliance to deliver the perfect order and respond to the voice of the customer driving continuous improvements throughout the supply chain.
- Develop consistent and meaningful metrics across the export network. Create standards for cost to serve by business and customer leading to improve business performance in terms of competitive ocean freight costs while intentionally creating optionality and flexibility to drive improved customer satisfaction (cost competitiveness, logistics complaints and on-time performance).
- Identify and implement best practices in procurement, supplier development, and overall performance metrics.
- Lead the effort on process improvement - striving for ‘best in class’ - related to ocean carrier procurement, shipment visibility and predictability, and booking and documentation models.
- Act as a liaison between Corporate Supply Chain and business leadership earning trust and influencing decisions to enable best practice implementation.
- Develop preferred partnerships with key ocean carriers, freight forwarders and port authorities to ensure Georgia-Pacific is recognized as a preferred partner.
- Continually evaluate and lead the discovery, trial, design and implementation of new technology or solutions that may transform our supply chain.
- Actively participate in the implementation and continued design improvements of the Packaging and Cellulose segment ERP system, challenging status quo, achieving efficiencies and developing competitive advantages.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain (e.g., customer management, export/import, freight forwarding, transportation, logistics)
- Experience working with ocean carriers, freight forwarders, and port authorities
- Ability to lead cross functional teams in a matrix organization structure
- Ability to travel up to 30%-40%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Transportation
- Supervisory experience
- Strong Strategic skills with the ability to provide vision to map out “future state” business processes
- Experience with International Logistics and Customs requirements
- Experience creating dashboards, visualization charts and analytics reports
- APICS or CSCMP certification
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf