Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified professionals to consider for the Logistics Allocator position at our Palatka, Florida facility. Located just south of Jacksonville and west of St. Augustine, FL, the Palatka mill employs about 900 people and has three tissue paper machines, and two Kraft paper machines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern®, Brawny®, and Sparkle® as well as specialty Kraft grades. The Logistics Allocator will work in our Shipping department on a team of 5, reporting to the Material Flow Operation Manager. With more than $500 million in communicated investments in the site's tissue business over the next two years, it is an exciting time to join the Georgia Pacific team in northern Florida!
The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to learn and teach new and complex logistical systems, to multi-task and prioritize based on vision and to direct resources in warehouse tasks.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage finished goods and raw material workflows within Manufacturing Execution Systems, Warehouse Management Systems, and Yard Management Systems.
- Maintain open communications with service groups (KBX, Spotting, Customer Service, converting, quality, planners) to ensure both internal and external customer needs are met.
- Direct on-shift logistics resources in the completion of cycle counts, material movement, loading, and unloading of product to meet daily targets.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis when deadlines are not met, or system issues occur.
- Forecast potential issues that will affect service to customers and take necessary actions.
- Optimize logistic efficiencies by identifying needed staffing shifts and communicating it with the proper leadership.
- Support Leading Overlap and Daily Direction Setting meetings for team.
- Performance management of team of 3-10 employee’s
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain/Logistics
- Experience using Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) such as SAP, SAPEWM, iCPAQs, Elixir, 4Sight, SharePoint, Passport, etc.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (creating/editing documentation, formatting text, creating tables, and process documentation), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, inventory tracking, and working with pivot tables) and Outlook (creating email messages, and sending to distribution lists)
- 1 year of experience or more with directing the work of others
- Experience in performing RCA and resolution
- Experience with inventory management
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with responsibility for direct reports within a manufacturing environment
- Experience working within an automated environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf