Director of Sales
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies – Director of Sales
Location - Remote; Home-based in the USA
At GRMT, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy, and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. In April 2018, Koch Industries acquired majority ownership of GRMT. As a part of the Koch Engineered Solutions group, GRMT is able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies.
Our portfolio of disruptive actuation solutions is generating significant demand in the marketplace. We are positioning the business to capture existing market share as well as create new market opportunities within the robotics and industrial automation industries.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Sales will drive exponential sales growth. The successful candidate has experience selling value-add actuation solutions into the robotics, motion control, or automation industries. The Director of Sales is responsible for developing a revenue pipeline and closing deals.
Central to GRMT’s business model is the development of mutually beneficial, long-lasting customer relationships. This approach requires the pursuit of win-win relationships based on aligned visions, values, incentives, and a strong foundation of earned trust. The Director of Sales will steward existing customer relationships, develop new relationships, and represent the voice of the customer internally.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create value for customers and Genesis while building and modeling the company’s Guiding Principles: Integrity, Stewardship & Compliance, Principled Entrepreneurship®, Transformation, Knowledge, Humility, Respect and Self Actualization
- Responsible for building a revenue pipeline and closing deals
- Proactively identify new markets and new applications that fit GRMT’s value proposition
- Negotiate “win-win” sales agreements and foster high-trust, mutually beneficial relationships with our customers
- Develop a deep understanding of customer pain-points and ensure this information is fed back to internal stakeholders
- Build and implement sales processes and tools Create clear metrics and dashboards to measure and drive performance
The Experience You Will Bring
- Sales experience in high performance actuation or motion control for robotics/automation
- 10+ years of direct sales experience in a “hunter” capacity
- 10+ years selling products and engineering services into complex product development environments
- Technical familiarity with mechanical, electrical, or mechatronics engineering
- Experience in companies rapidly transitioning from small to big; self-reliant and able to achieve sales objectives while simultaneously building structures and processes for continued expansion
- Travel internationally as required; total travel will be ~50%
What Will Put You Ahead:
Experience with drivers, SW, and integration of actuation solutions
Experience with gears, gearboxes, or high-performance electric motors
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering faculty such as mechatronics, electrical, or mechanical
Experience commercializing a new technology or product offering
Experience in large and small companies in a sales capacity
Experience using Customer Relationship Management tools to manage customer accounts
Based in the Pacific time zone, near an international airport
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/
and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf