Are you looking for a career and not just a job? Does working in a positive, team-oriented environment motivate you? If so, check out what we have to offer! Georgia-Pacific in Fletcher, OK has an immediate need for a Shipping-Tarper. This role creates value by working amicably with other employees to consistently and safely perform job task associated with tarping trucks and throwing risers on the trucks. Pay for this position is $18.50/hr.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Place risers, covering product with plastic and tarps
- Observe and inspect work area for any potential safety related issues. Report any immediately to your supervisor or other management personnel.
- Perform all duties and task in accordance with Georgia-Pacific’s safety standards
- Observe and inspect product for quality defects. Report any immediately to your supervisor or other management personnel
- Clean up all areas of responsibility daily
- Operate equipment to tarp trucks
- Perform pre-operational equipment inspection prior to beginning of each shift
- Assist with packaging board for truck and rail shipments
- Check trailers and/or rail cars for defects
- Sweep and pick-up bays, sweep warehouse and pick-up debris in parking lot and driveways
- Direct truck drivers
- Operate the floor sweeper and floor scrubber
- Assist production and other operations by providing coverage and performing clean-up
- Works smoothly with fellow employees, supervisors and managers
- Follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor
- Ability to wear personal protection equipment throughout shift, to include hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes
- Work 8 to 12 hour shifts Monday-Friday in a hot, humid, cold, noisy, industrial environment
- Perform basic math functions such as simple addition and subtracting in order to calculate truck weight and product weight on a load
- Lift up to 50 lbs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to wear the personal protection equipment as described in the description
- Ability to work in the industrial environment as described in the position
- Ability to adhere to the physical requirements of the position as listed in the description
- Ability to perform basic math functions as listed in the description
What Will Put You Ahead
- High school diploma of GED
- One (1) year or more of experience in an industrial, manufacturing, construction, farming or oil field environment
- Experience operating a forklift
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf