Director Connected Solutions
Georgia-Pacific is looking for a Director Connected Solutions to help support our KOLO Business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide full product life-cycle management for the KOLO Smart Monitoring System wireless networking and communications technologies including research, roadmap iteration, and delivery, with support from engineering and third-party hardware/software vendors
- Serve as voice of the customer, business, and KOLO operations team with regard to wireless communications requirements for the KOLO System at the WAN, LAN, and PAN levels.
- Develop market requirements documents (MRDs) and partner with engineering personnel, and third-party developers (as relevant), to translate those requirements to engineering design specifications. Monitor progress and consult with engineering (and third-party developers) throughout the design process as questions arise and tradeoffs are identified. Manage the market validation process at the end of the design phase, and confirm market readiness.
- Produce data sheets, product feature marketing materials, technical user manuals, product specifications, and other related documentation. Maintain a Technical Requirements Specification Sheet that can be shared with customers considering and planning for a KOLO deployment.
- Provide technical sales support for internal sales team, prospective customers and partners
- Oversee and, if warranted, perform, in cooperation with the KOLO site operations team and the customer’s IT department, network design at KOLO customer sites, including protocol selection and placement of wireless devices including access points, bridges, and gateways. Work with third-party installers and the customer to assess and validate network performance at customer sites.
- Develop and manage relationships with third party providers of networking services and determine course of action concerning partnerships with these providers. Assist the VP/GM with the development of business terms with selected partners. Oversee the process of developing interoperability with selected partners.
- Assist engineering with the identification and evaluation of new wireless technologies of potential value to the KOLO business
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years of experience specifying, designing, and/or deploying customer-premise equipment including wireless LAN and WAN technologies
- At least 3 years of product management experience in wireless networking solutions, including experience with IoT hardware and platforms
- Demonstrated experience in functional specification development, feature prioritization, and product life-cycle management with a focus on customer-premise equipment preferred
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams (Marketing, Engineering, R&D, etc.) teams to support product branding, roadmaps, customer-facing material, go-to-market strategy, and PR
- Working knowledge of IoT and related connectivity technologies, including: Embedded and real-time systems, wireless modules and gateways and a wide range of wireless and networking technologies, standards and protocols
- Bachelor’s degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf