Sourcing Manager - Construction Services
We are looking for a Sourcing Manager responsible for $300MM+ in spend for procurement of Construction Services . The individual is responsible for the execution and management of construction contracts, master agreements, supplier relationship management, development and implementation of category strategies across function teams and business units.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with mills and project teams to develop and communicate clear category strategies
- Category management for Construction Services:
- Self-directed with capability to develop and lead capital projects’ strategies
- Lead discussions with engineering/project teams to determine the optimal project execution method based on a project’s venture summary
- Risk management
- Leverage indices on construction labor
- Explore alternative suppliers through global sourcing
- Category management for Mill Services:
- Support outages, specialty services and maintenance work
- Work with mills and GP Divisions to develop regional service supplier strategies
- Centrally Manage Suppliers that stretch over multiple regions
- Recommend specific suppliers based on their capabilities and desired outcomes
- Supplier management and relationship building:
- Facilitate dispute resolution
- Cultivate and employ Preferred Partnerships to create virtuous cycles of mutual benefit
- Conduct contract negotiations for Master Agreements
- Work in cross functional teams to develop and implement strategic sourcing initiatives based on GP’s Accelerated Manufacturing Transformation (AMT) and Accelerated Sourcing Transformation (AST) plans
- Foster and leverage relationships with engineering, operations and maintenance teams along with external suppliers
- Demonstrate leadership in procurement best practices
- Interact with senior management team through formal and informal communications.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate's degree or higher.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in construction, engineering and/or project management
- Procurement of construction and/or engineering services experience for major capital projects including purchasing knowledge of major capital equipment for manufacturing, operations and maintenance.
- Willing and able to travel approximately 15%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Construction Management, Procurement or Business.
- Knowledge of project controls, project scheduling and cost estimating
- Working knowledge of the different types of project delivery methods e.g., Design-Bid-Build, GC, EPC, etc.
- Experience in management of construction and engineering services contracts.
- Experience in manufacturing of lumber, gypsum, plywood and/or composite panels
- Experience in legal and commercial terms.
- Experience in mill maintenance
- Negotiation experience.
- Ability to facilitate the full contracting process.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf