Engineer, Automation Project
Mechanical design engineering, responsible for the design and development of new High-Speed Custom Automation. Leads the machine development process and guides the activities of tooling design engineers. Oversees machine lifecycle including quoting, mechanical design, and delivery schedule.
DSS Manufacturing Services, Manufacturing, Automation Shop Activities, Design, Project Management
What You Will Do In Your Role
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides assembly feasibility (Design for Manufacturability) and equipment cost estimates to the new product development team.
- Works with engineering department to determine design complete dates. Prioritizes work and delegates work assignments to designer engineers.
- Designs new cable manufacturing machinery utilizing the Siemens NX CAD software.
- Assists in developing and executing the machine qualification plan.
- Provides technical support for the launch of equipment produced by the LR-Automation Team. Responsibilities will include traveling to mass production facilities for machine install & qualification, training of technicians and operators to ensure the proper and safe operation of equipment and developing re-tooling strategies.
- Attends Design Reviews and PFMEA’s while working with design engineers to improve current and future designs of automation.
- Tracks projects using internal methods for summarizing component cost, labor, and lead time. Develops accurate, up-to-date BOM’s and Spare Tooling Lists
- Understands, supports, and contributes to complete projects according to internal product development procedures, TQM and IS/QS-9000 requirements. Embraces Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management. 10.International Travel: Up to 20% per year.
The Experience You Will Bring
REQUIRED: •Bachelor Degree in Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering Technology or Manufacturing Engineering Technology
PREFERRED: •Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering
- 3+ years’ Mechanical Design Experience
- 2+ years’ Experience with automated manufacturing /assembly systems.
- 1+ years’ Project Management experience
- Proficient in Siemens NX or comparable 3D CAD package
- Knowledge of Machine Building techniques / standards
- Scheduling and budgeting
- Design experience in the electronics industry.
What Will Put You Ahead
SKILLS & ABILITIES: REQUIRED:
- Expertise in the design and documentation of complex assemblies in CAD.
- Understanding of GD&T and knowledge of where to preform tolerance analysis
- Project management skills that demonstrate the ability to set goals and priorities to complete projects in a systematic and timely manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Ability to work with many worldwide cultures in a positive manner.
- Mechanical Cam/Linkage analysis experience
- Toolmaking Knowledge (Understanding of manual and CNC machining capabilities)
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems design standards
- Knowledge of Machine Wiring & Industrial Electrical Logic
- Foreign Language Competency: English